Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mapping Twitter Usage Durring the Superbowl

I'm not a football person, nor do I have a Twitter account, but I do find the following page fascinating!

Twitter Chatter During the Superbowl

Select the terms you want to zero in on in the left pane and then hit the blue "Play" button just to the right of that. It plays through the time line of the Superbowl expressed in frequency of Twitter terms and location in the U.S.

I don't know what use this data might have, nor why they would want to collect it, but my analytical brain does little cartwheels every time I watch it! Why am I so enthralled looking at data that I could care less about??

I'm also slightly disturbed that, based on this data, Montana hasn't yet found the Internet...

1 comment:

  1. If you visit the twitter search page (http://search.twitter.com) at any given time, you can see what the top tweeted things are. Or as they refer to them Trending Topics. You can click on any of the Trending Topics and watch as everyone speaks their mind in 140 characters or less.

    Did I mention that I have two Twitter profiles? A work one and a personal one. It's a fun tool to toy with.

    ReplyDelete