Monday, March 9, 2009

Important Notice to Verizon Users

If you are a Verizon Wireless user, you should be aware that Verizon recently sent you a user agreement update where they cryptically notified you (in the midst of a page full of fine print legalese) that they were about to start selling your personal information to third party partners.

You can opt out of this "service", but they do not provide any instructions about how to opt out, and it's a bit of a maze to get it done. Luckily the good folks at BoingBoing figured it out and posted some on their site:

How to opt-out of Verizon's personal info-selling scheme

I don't use Verizon myself (and hope I never, ever have to), but I thought I'd spread the word to the people that matter most (my readers!).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment