Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's a New Day in America!

The View from Bellingham, WA: Kristi and I watched the election at a friends house who lives off of Alabama St., an arterial in Bellingham.

When CNN called the race for Obama we heard a ruckus outside. We opened the door and heard people yelling, screaming with glee! And they carried on like that for some time!

On our drive home we passed through downtown Bellingham, and even then, several hours after Obama's acceptance speech, people were shouting, climbing up street signs, and waving Obama signs in the air. One young lady we saw was running down the sidewalk, hugging people, apparently strangers, as she went along!

Fireworks and explosions could be heard late into the night. Cars were honking as they drove by our house even into the early hours of the morning!

I've never seen anything like it. I've never seen MY generation in particular get so excited, so inspired, by a political candidate. (I have to give at least some thanks to Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney for all they have done to invigorate the political interests of American youths.) I never thought I would feel so proud of the president that my country selected! I feel like we have a chance to regain our respect from the rest of the world community again.

Congratulations, Mr. Obama! My sincere prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment